Vidyarthi Kshema (Focus On Student Welfare) is a Group Insurance Scheme wherein the students who lose their earning member (parents) or those who injured or hospitalized due to any cause are given financial assistance up to Rs. 10,000 per annum.
- To motivate the students to pursue higher education
- To prevent drop out due to poor economic conditions.
- To in still confidence in the students.
- The Context: Majority of the students come from rural and semi urban areas with disadvantaged financial background. Majority of the parents are earning their bread through cooli work, beedi rolling, fishing etc. Therefore, the Management has decided to institute an internal Group Insurance called Vidyarthi Kshema, meaning welfare of a student.
- The Practice: Any student who joins the college is eligible to avail this insurance under the said conditions. At the time of admission to the college a nominal amount of Rs. 100 is collected from each student and the Management creates a fund called Vidyarthi Kshema Fund. In case a student loses his father or mother when he is in I Degree, then he or she is entitled to get Rs. 10,000 per year for three years i.e. till the completion of degree course. If he or she joins P.G course in the college Rs. 20,000 will be paid in order to complete P.G course. Again, those students who injured or hospitalized due to any cause are entitled to reimburse the medical expenses up to Rs. 10,000.