A “Virtual workshop on Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) IV Semester BBA Syllabus” was conducted by the Department of Commerce & Business Administration in association with the Internal Quality Assurance Cell of Govinda Dasa College – Surathkal and the Forum of Business Management Association of Teachers(R) [FOBMAT] Mangalore University, Mangaluru on 26th June, 2021 at 9.30 a.m. through Google Meet Platform with 163 active participants.
Prof. Ramesh Kulai, Director-Administration, GDC, Surathkal was the Chief Guest and Inaugurator of the workshop. Prof Ramesh Bhat S.G, Vice-Principal, GDC, Surathkal was the Guest of Honour and the workshop was Presided over by Prof Krishnamurthy, Principal, GDC, Surathkal. Prof. Vidyadhara Hegde, President – FOBMAT and Prof. Prakash P, Secretary – FOBMAT graced the occasion with their presence.
Mr. Ganesha Acharya B, Dean, Dept. of Commerce & Business Administration , Govinda Dasa College, being the Convener, moderated the workshop precisely. The workshop began with a devotional prayer rendered by Ms. Prathima Bhat B, a well-wisher of our Department. Ms. Punitha R, HOD – Department of BBA, welcomed the gathering and Ms. Sridevi, HOD – Department of Commerce, proposed the vote of thanks.
Inauguration of the workshop:
Prof. Ramesh Kulai, Director, Administration, GDC, Surathkal was the Chief Guest and Inaugurator of the workshop, Inaugurated orally and addressed the Participants’ of BBA fraternity.
Team of the Workshop Inauguration session:
The Main agenda behind the Workshop on “Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) IV Semester BBA SYLLABUS” was to enlighten the BBA Faculties on the newly IV Semester BBA Syllabus understanding, chapter wise analysis, Question paper pattern, model question paper and so on through a brain storming session.
Prof. K Sadashiva Rao in his talk described the present BBA Course structure and the employability scope of BBA students in the future employment market with suitable examples and proposed to implement ERP (Enterprise resource planning), Computer Application subjects, GST and soft skill training system to the students to build long term employment potentiality.
Prof Ramesh Bhat S G, Vice-Principal, GDC, Surathkal was the Guest of Honour of the workshop, appreciated the efforts of FOBMAT executive members in the implementation of the current “Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)” by framing the current syllabus.
Prof Krishnamurthy, Principal, GDC, Surathkal addressed the participants through his presidential remarks and requested the BBA Faculties to channelise their efforts towards building skilful & quality students, as per the requirements of the current job market and also prepare ourselves to adopt to the New Education Policy (NEP) by improving our knowledge .
BBA Faculty Participants’ had got an opportunity to listen to Prof. Vidyadhara Hegde, President – FOBMAT and Prof. Prakash P, Secretary – FOBMAT. The Inauguration session of the workshop concluded at 10.30 am by disbursing all the participants into 8 different groups, as per the subject.
The Subject-wise Discussion of IV Semester BBA commenced at 10.30 am. Each subject was headed by the subject experts through Google meet platform . The 8 Subjects and its Resource Persons were as follows:
- Modern Banking Management – Prof. Udaya Shankar, Govt. First Grade College, Sullia and Prof. Srinivasa Vaidya, MPM College, Manipal.
- Computer Application in Management – Dr Chandrashekhar K, GWFG College, Balmatta and Prof. Anasooya, SDM CBM, Mangalore.
- Human Resource Management – Prof. Ganesh S, MPM GFGC, Karkala and Dr. Raghu Naika, Govt. First Grade College, Byndoor.
- Fundamentals of Financial Management – Dr. Chandravathi, Govt. First Grade College, Belthangady and Prof. Smitha, SDM CBM, Mangalore.
- Corporate Accounting – II – Prof. Vidyadhara Hegde, MPM GFGC, Karkala and Mr. Ganesha Acharya B, Govinda Dasa College, Surathkal.
- Banking Practice – Prof. Manju H, SDM CBM, Mangalore and Prof. Shashikala K G, SDM CBM, Mangalore.
- Entrepreneurship Development – Prof. Nandakishore, SBC, Karkala and Prof. Shwetha N, Dr. NSAM FGC, Nitte.
- Business Management Process – Prof. Sumana Somappa, Business Management Process and Prof. Padmanabha, Govt. First Grade College, Puttur.
The Virtual workshop on Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) of IV Semester BBA Syllabus was fruitful by providing the BBA teaching faculties with a good approach towards the subject and by framing the syllabus of subjects to match with the current scenario of the industries.